JR Central West – Takayama Hokuriku Area Tourist Pass

59.00 117.00 



Travel around Takayama-Hokuriku Area
(World Heritage Shirakawa-go/Gokayama - Takayama - Toyama - Kanazawa) !

  • Unlimited rides on JR conventional lines running between Nagoya, Gero, Takayama - Toyama, and linking Kansai-airport, Osaka City area, Kyoto, Kaga-Onsen - Kanazawa, and “Hokuriku Shinkansen” running between Kanazawa - Toyama!
  • Reserved seats on ordinary cars of JR conventional lines in the area can be used up to four times!
    Major examples of using reserved seats on JR trains: Limited Express “Wide View Hida”, Limited Express “Thunderbird”
  • Excluding reserved seats on the “Haruka Airport Express”
  • Unlimited rides using non-reserved seats of ordinary cars on the Hokuriku Shinkansen between Kanazawa - Toyama! (Excluding reserved seats)
  • Non-reserved seats of ordinary cars of JR limited express, express, rapid, and ordinary trains between Nagoya - Toyama station (via Tokaido/Takayama lines), between Kanazawa - Kyoto station - stations within Osaka City area (via Hokuriku/Kosei/Tokaido lines), between stations within Osaka City area - Kansai-airport station (via Hanwa/Kansai-airport lines)
  • Non-reserved seats of ordinary cars of the Hokuriku Shinkansen between Toyama - Kanazawa station
  • Nohi Bus/Toyama Chiho Railway/Hokutetsu Bus: Shirakawago/Kanazawa line and Takayama/Toyama line between Takayama Nohi Bus Center – Shirakawago – Kanazawa (with some exceptions; reservations required)
  • Kaetsuno Bus: World Heritage Bus between Shirakawa-go - Shin-Takaoka station

Special prices exclusively for foreigners!

Please note ;

  • Please exchange your MCO  (Exchange Order)  for the pass after arriving in Japan. You will not be able to board JR lines with your MCO. The MCO can be exchanged for a pass at designated JR stations or at some branch offices of JR Tokai Tours, Inc.
    See here for information on exchange offices. >>
  • If you exchange your MCO outside the area in which your pass can be used, you will have to pay the fare for the trip to the area in which your pass will be valid separately. (Your pass will be valid only within the stipulated area.)
  • With regard to the exchange, note that: (1) the MCO must be exchanged by the person whose name is on it; (2) you must bring the MCO and your passport; (3) you must fill in the exchange application form established by the exchange office; and (4) you can specify a date of your choice within one month of the pass’s date of issuance (including the date of issuance) to begin use.
  • This pass does not allow you to travel on the Tokaido Shinkansen between Kyoto - Shin-Osaka station. Please be aware that to travel on the Tokaido Shinkansen, you will need to pay the required basic fare and any additional fees separately. Be aware that additional fees will also be required for reserved seats of the Hokuriku Shinkansen between Toyama - Kanazawa station.
  • Please pay attention to the opening hours and the days that the exchange offices are closed. Exchange may take some time if the service counter is busy. Please ensure you leave enough time when visiting the exchange office.
  • Please exchange your MCO for a pass within three months of its issuance (including the date of issuance) and within the pass’s period of use. (Example: An MCO issued on October 15 would have to be exchanged by January 14.)
  • Passes will be valid for five consecutive days from the date of first use indicated on the day of the exchange.
  • You will not be able to change the date of first use once it has been indicated on the pass.
  • If your MCO has been lost or stolen or you are unable to produce it for some other reason, no exchange for a pass can be made.
  • You must be a foreign tourist visiting Japan from abroad for sightseeing, with an entry status of “Short-term Stay”. “Short-term Stay” entry, according to the Japanese Immigration Control Act, allows a stay in Japan of 15 days or up to 90 days for sightseeing, etc. If you apply for a stay for sightseeing when you enter Japan, the immigration officer will stamp or seal your passport as “Short-term Stay”. In order to use the pass, your passport must bear this stamp or seal.
  • Even if you have an MCO with you, you cannot exchange it for a pass unless you have an entry status of “Short-term Stay”. (If you enter Japan with any other status such as “Trainee”, “Entertainer”, or “Re-entry Permit”, you cannot change your MCO for the pass. Please note that the concept of “Short-term Stay “under the Japanese Immigration Control Act is completely different from what is commonly referred to as a “short-term visit”.)
  • In the event that you are unable to exchange your MCO for a pass because you fail to meet the eligibility requirements, we are not liable to provide any compensation for the use of JR lines, etc. while you are in Japan.
  • If you are unable to exchange, you can return your MCO to the overseas travel agency from which you have purchased it for a refund. (* You may be charged a separate commission, etc.)
  • If you have any questions about the MCO, please contact the travel agency where you made your purchase directly.
  • When using automatic gates at the airport, no stamp or seal will be affixed onto your passport; therefore, please have a stamp or seal affixed by using a manned automatic gate or asking attendants to do so.
  • For more information, please read ;

Additional information




Adult (12yrs and up), Child (6-11yrs)