Travel Terms and Conditions
By booking our Service, you shall be deemed to have agreed to the Terms and Conditions.
- Scope of Application
- Application for Tour into Effect of Contract
- Conditions for Application
- Final Tour Itinerary
- Payment of Tour Price
- Change in Tour Price
- Change in Bookings / Cancellation by the Customer
- Cancellation by the Company
- NOT included in the Tour Price
- Revision of Tour Contract
- Passport, Visas and other travel documentation
- Amendments to these General Terms and Conditions
- Data Protection
- Assertion of Claims
1.Scope of Application
These General Terms and Conditions govern the legal relationship between the tour operator Finngate Tours OY (hereafter “we”) and the tour participants as well as third parties booking tours for tour participants or acting as agents for tours (hereafter “Customer(s)”) for all services provided by us, in particular the organization of excursions (hereafter “Tour(s)”) and their guiding as far as tour guiding is not provided by third-party providers.
For all activities of third-party providers, we merely acts as an agent; however, such activities are carried out in the name of and according to the terms and conditions of the third-party providers.
2.Application for Tour into Effect of Contract
- Bookings can be made through different distribution channels by internet, telephone, e-mail, fax or in person.
- When applying, it is required to provide the necessary information together with the full payment, if described. We take no responsibility for booking errors made by the Customer.
- The Tour Contract comes into effect when we receive the full payment, unless otherwise stated. Services cannot be confirmed when unpaid.
- When a person responsible for the contract as a representative of an organisation or group applies for a tour, we shall regard the representative as having all authorization to conclude or cancel the contract.
- A person responsible for the contracts shall provide us with lists of the names of members by the date specified by us.
- In case the person responsible for the contract does not accompany the group, we will regard one of the members appointed by such person in advance as the person responsible for the contract after the tour departure.
3.Conditions for Application
- Clients under 18 years of age must provide us with the written consent of their guardian. Clients under 15 years of age must be accompanied with a guardian.
- We may refuse participation if the client’s age, qualifications or other conditions which we specify do not conform to those designated for tours aimed at specific client categories or purposes.
- We may refuse participation if we find that the client is a member or a related person of of an organised crime group, or part of any other anti-social forces.
- We may refuse participation if the client defames the reputation or interferes with the business of us by spreading rumours, using fraudulent means or resorting to force.
- Clients who require special attention due to illness, pregnancy or physical handicaps must advise us when applying for the tour. When we make a special arrangement in accordance with the client’s request, the client shall bear the expenses incurred in relation to the arrangement. We may request that the client presents a medical certificate. Depending on the circumstances, we may suggest the clients to arrange a private tour.
- Client’s independent activities during the tour shall not be permitted in principle.
- We may refuse a client’s participation if we determines that the client interfere with the collective activities of tour participants.
- We may also refuse a client’s participation for tour operational reasons.
4.Final Tour Itinerary
After a tour contract is concluded, we shall provide the itinerary in relation to the meeting time, meeting place relevant transportation, accommodation by the day prior to the tour departure date.
The final itinerary will be provided in English for our outbound tours.
5.Payment of Tour Price
All prices are stated in Euros (EUR).
Prices are subject to change according to section below, “Change in Tour Price”.
The Tour Price is due at the time of booking.
6.Change in Tour Price
We reserve the right to change the Tour Price according to the price list or the agreed Tour Price, respectively, in case of extraordinary circumstances.
Extraordinary circumstances are in particular;
- Changes in the rates of third-party providers, e.g. of transportation companies
- Newly introduced or raised taxes, charges or fees
If the difference between the new and the initial Tour Price exceeds 10%, the Customer is entitled either to withdraw from the contract upon written notice within 5 working days after communication of the change in Tour Prices against full refund of any Tour Price already paid or to book an alternative Tour of us in the value of the initially booked Tour without any rebooking fee. Further compensation for damages is excluded.
We reserve the right to change the Tour program at any time, prematurely curtail the Tour or offer alternative solutions in case of extraordinary circumstances. Any additional costs of the Tour shall be borne by the Customer. We undertake to immediately inform the Customer of any changes in services and/or in the program. Further compensation for damages due to change(s) in Tour Prices or services is excluded.
7.Change in Bookings / Cancellation by the Customer
If a client cancels the tour for personal reasons after the conclusion of the tour contract, the client shall pay the cancellation fees described below unless otherwise stated in tour details and clients remaining in the tour shall pay the balance of additional per room costs associated with the change in number of participants.
Cancellations and changes in bookings (i.e. any change in the Tour, in the number of Customers or in the Tour date) must be made in writing (including e-mail) and are legally binding upon confirmation by us.
For any change of booking a handling fee of 10€ per change in addition to any additional costs of the Tour is due.
In case of cancellation the following fees apply:
|Time of Cancellation||Cancellation Fee|
|Up to 31days prior to the tour starts||10% of the total price|
|15-30 days prior to the tour starts||30% of the total price|
|4-14 working days prior to the tour starts||50% of the total price|
|0-3 working days prior to the tour starts||100% of the total price|
Please note that we refund in Euros. We are not responsible for the difference of the amount caused by the exchange rate.
If a client fails to pay the tour price by the due date, the client shall pay a penalty charges equal to the amount of the cancellation fees.
8. Cancellation by the Company
- If the client has not paid the tour price by the due date, we may cancel the tour contract. In such case, the client shall pay us a penalty charge of the same amount as the cancellation fee described above.
- When it becomes apparent that the client does not satisfy the age, qualification or other requirements specified by us in advance for participation in the tour.
- When the clients found to be a person is not appropriate for accompanying the tour. Please refer to the paragraph “Conditions for Application”.
- When we found out the client is not appropriate to participate in the tour due to illness, absence of necessary helper, or for other reasons.
- When we consider that the client may cause trouble for the other participants, interfere with the smooth operation or disobeys the instructions.
- When the client makes demands beyond the reasonable scope of the details in the contract.
- For package tours; when the minimum number of participants has not been reached. In such cases, we shall notify the clients of tour cancellation on no later than the 13th day or 3rd day for one-day tours, prior to the day preceding the departure date.
- If the tour is fully booked, we cancel your booking and you will get a full refund.
- If the reason for not being able to deliver paid and confirmed services lies on force majeure factors, sudden or unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the Tour Operator or The Suppliers, like strikes, weather conditions, public security, safety or health issues, restrictions set by authorities, infrastructural restrictions or any “act of God” whatsoever preventing the Tour Operator or the Suppliers working normally despite their efforts, we are not obliged to grant other compensation than a refund for the undelivered services.
When the company cancels before the tour, it shall refund the tour price already received after deducting the applicable penalty charges.
When the company cancels after the tour, we shall refund the expenses for the tour services which have not been rendered to the client after deducting the cancellation fee or penalty charges or other charges which have already been paid or will be paid to tour service providers. (Only applies for case 8 above)
Please note that we refund in Euros. We are not responsible for the difference of the amount caused by the exchange rate.
- Limitation of our Liability
Customers undertake all activities at their own risk.
Any liability of our limited to the Tour Price as well as any direct damages caused wilfully or by gross negligence by us. Our liability for slight negligence, assisting persons as well as consequential damages and lost profit is excluded.
We do not assume any liability in case of non-fulfillment of contractual obligations that results from omissions or contract violation by the Customer (in particular due to violation of the terms of participation).
In case of cancellation of a Tour, we are only liable for the refund of the Tour Price if no alternative Tour is offered.
We do not assume any liability for the disappearance of personal items, cash, valuables, luggage, photographic equipment, etc. as well as loss, theft, damage or misuse of checks and credit cards.
- Exclusion of Liability for Offers of Third-party Providers and in Case of Force Majeure.
We do not assume any liability for the offers and services of third-party providers nor do we assume any liability for damages based on circumstances that are beyond our control, such as force majeure, natural events, catastrophes, changes in program due to non-adherence of train, bus or ship transportation companies or other third-party providers to their schedules, etc. Customer undertakes to claim any damages directly from the third-party provider.
- Customer’s Liability
All activities for which we act as an agent and which are carried out by third-party providers or are organized and/or carried out by Customers themselves incur at Customer’s own risk.
We are not liable for the consequences of any accident.
We expect from each Customer a considerable degree of personal responsibility.
Customers only participate in activities that are compatible with their physical condition, in particular their health and physical efficiency. Customers are in particular responsible for an adequate equipment.
10.NOT included in the Tour Price
- Excess baggage charges
If the clients have excess baggage, please advise us in advance.
We will check possibility and we will quote it.For example, you may carry;
Overnight tours / Airport transfers :1 x big luggage (such as suitcase) 1 x hand luggage
Day tours :1 x hand luggage
- Cancellation / personal travel insurance
- Airport departure taxes
- Laundry, telephone, additional meals and drinks and any other personal expenses.
11.Revision of Tour Contract
In case of natural disasters, wars, riots, suspension of Tour Services rendered by transport, accommodation providers, governmental orders, provision of transportation services not based on the original operational plan or other circumstances beyond our control, we may ,even after conclusion of the tour contract, revise its itinerary and tour services.
12.Passport, Visas and other travel documentation
It is passenger’s responsibility to obtain any visas, passports, health certificates or other travel documentation required.
It remains the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that these documents are in order and meet any additional costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with such requirements.
13.Amendments to these General Terms and Conditions
We may amend these General Terms and Conditions at any time.
Customers agree that their data, in particular Customer’s name, address, telephone number, birth date, nationality, gender and credit card details, are collected by us for the carrying out of certain Tours according to the contract.
Such data can be forwarded to third-party providers. (such as accommodation, airlines etc)
15.Assertion of Claims
Customers’ claims towards us due to non-fulfillment or fulfillment not in accordance with the contract must be asserted within 30 days after the contractually agreed Tour date in writing with a detailed explanation of the claims.
Claims received by us after expiry of this deadline cannot be accepted anymore, except if Customers prove that they were faultlessly prevented from meeting such deadline.